Get Rid of iTunes Duplicates
This article explains how to automatically identify and get rid of iTunes duplicates via a tool called CopyTrans TuneSwift.
- First, start by opening CopyTrans TuneTastic by double-clicking on the squid icon.
- The program will now load by scanning your iTunes library and identifying various problems with it such as duplicate songs
- Once you see a summary of the state in which your iTunes library is in, click on the eye button next to the Duplicate section (see image below)
- You will now see all your duplicate tracks in your iTunes library arranged by the album name in which they appear. In the example below we have 6 duplicate tracks occur in the album “Torches” by Foster the People
- CopyTrans TuneSwift will automatically verify which of the listed tracks is the original and which is the duplicate according to several criterions
- whether the track file is already in the iTunes Media folder
- how many times the track was played in your iTunes library
- what is the star-rating of the song in your iTunes library
- when the track was played for the first time
- Any track which is automatically identified as the original by CopyTrans TuneSwift will always appear under the number 1 on the right side
- Of course, it is you who would make the final choice of which track you would like to keep and which you would like to get rid of
- In order to apply the changes, click on the cog-wheel button
That’s it! Go to the following page, in order to download CopyTrans TuneTastic and easily get rid of iTunes doubles.